Tuesday, August 12, 2008

big baby.

i totally forgot to post this...a big congrats to my wonderful friend Tammy--who had her 2nd son on Sunday. And a linebacker at that--8 pounds, 7 ounces! I can't wait to see the big little guy!

Okay...I have nothing else to say about babies, you all know how I feel about this topic, and frankly, I'm opening up to the idea of prolonging my procreative activities until my late-late 30s, early-early 40s. Last night, my roomie was hot-and-bothered about how she's "36 and wants to have a baby!!" And I told her, "you've got plenty of time." Maybe that was a lie tho--wrapped up in wishful thinking. I don't know the lifespan of her uterus. Yet, I'm holding onto hope. I was a late bloomer--didn't get my cycle until 14--and so damnit--that should tack on a couple extra years of fertility. Wait--I just said I have "nothing else to say about babies," didn't I?

2 comments:

rashad said...

If you keep reading my blog and if i keep commenting on yours, you will get pregnant. these things are contagious

£ said...

i don't know what i want anymore.

when i was 17 i wanted to have all my children by 25(im not sure where college and marriage and experiencing life fit in but whatever, it was my immaturity talking.)

now that i'm over that quarter century hump, and completely childless im just kind of adrift. If i can meet and marry someone yeah i'll have children. I'd prefer to be finished procreating before 40 though.

if women didn't have a set number of eggs this wouldn't be a problem, and definitely a running theme in our conversations. Its totally unfair that larry kings jurassic sperm still works, but if i don't get knocked up by 35 its off to the fertility clinic. Boo.