Tuesday, September 30, 2008

i have nothing...

...new to contribute to my blog except...I met her! And yes, she IS as lovely as she appears to be on her blog. We giggled over yummy plantanos, sweet potato fries, and shrimp...and oh, we had salad too! Then we headed over to see my friend Kevonne's awesome band perform. We shared capris (yes, I'm still smoking. oy.), and discovered a new beer together--Blue Point's Toasted Lager. It really was as if she was an old friend that I hadn't seen in some years...though, it was our first date. I've never been keen on internet dating, but internet friending...i'm all about it!

p.s. today, our yoga instructor thought we were advanced enough to give THIS little pose a try. And try I did. Several times. But alas, I wasn't ready. I nailed the hands part, but fear that i'd fall on my face wouldn't allow my legs extend. I'm about to get down on my bedroom floor and try again. I will not let koundinyasana defeat me.

3 comments:

Jazzbrew said...

Good Lawd... that is a serious pose. I can barely get through sun salutation but I don't go to class are regularly as I should. Seriously, if (or should I say when) you can pull that off you official rock.

etoilee8 said...

Oooh you beat me to blogging about our blog/friend date. Well, mine will have pictures! Did you get the text/pic I sent you?

etoilee8 said...

Oh and I couldn't do that yoga pose no matter what. Looks like it requires some serious upper body arm strength, which I am seriously lacking. . .