Wednesday, September 24, 2008

my brand new, old bag.

so i wanted a rugged, somewhat masculine bag to carry and bang around...like this one (from the Sartorialist). I found this gorgeous, pre-loved saddle bag (below) at a brooklyn thrift store this past weekend. I love it! I saddle-soaped it, but even without treating the leather, it's perfectly worn and broken in. One of the reasons I prefer used/old/vintage stuff--somebody's already done all the work for me.
:-)

it's a perfect fit!smell the leathaaa!insideoutside p.s. on a more serious note...i was watching the news this morning, and there's a lot of talk about Virginia and it's red-state leanings. oy. *sigh* I pray my home state wakes up and votes for the change our country needs.

8 comments:

rashad said...

What part of VA are you from? That's a great bag by the way. And I see you dabbling in exhibitionist behavior son....

Papier Girl said...

i was born in the shenandoah valley area...but moved when i was 6. I'm still a Virginian at heart tho.

Peas said...

Love the bag. I have a similar one (but smaller, more like a satchel), that I got at one of the goldmines here in Va that some people call thrift stores.

Janelle said...

Okay, so I'm raiding your closet. I promise to bring food!!! LOL
Love. this. bag. :)

Yeah I saw the battle over Virginia this morning...almost makes me want to establish residency there just so I can vote.

£ said...

LOVE IT

the bag is the perfect color. omg i need to shop with you, i NEVER find this stuff when i go to thrift stores!

Jazzbrew said...

Nice bag (and perfect skin)!

etoilee8 said...

Peas told me I had to come see the bag. Very nice indeed!

jas said...

sexy bag, regards