Wednesday, November 14, 2007

silly crazy good stuff.

I'm addicted chapstick. I can't live without it. I apply it all day, and ALL NIGHT. When I wake up in the middle of the night to pee, I put on a teeny bit before I go back to my zzzzz's. If I leave the house without a purse, I carry the essentials: phone, keys, debit card, chapstick. crazy huh?

This is my latest obsession. Well, let's call it a healthy obsession. I think it's healthy anyway. I googled it and couldn't find any evidence saying overuse can lead to fatigue, sexual side effects, diarrhea, muscle spasms, dry mouth, and/or death. But I AM convinced there are psychological side effects--I get irritable and nervous and dig through my purse like a mad woman if I can't find my lip gloss. Do I need help?

So, I did a little more googling for said "help," and found this LBA site whose stated purpose is to "stay free from lip balm and to help others achieve the same freedom." LOL. Come on!! I mean, really...is a little chapstick dependency such a bad thing? **hands shake, scratches nose, sniffs** It actually keeps me sane. **sniff scratch** We all need a vice...or two (or three). **shakes chills**
********
UPDATE: To the person (you know who you are) who questioned the mention of "sexual side effects" in this blog--there are NO sexual side effects caused by applying chapstick to one's lips. I repeat, NO SEXUAL SIDE EFFECTS. sheesh.

No comments: